Simple and User-Friendly on Any Device
- courses are self-paced and delivered completely online
- no additional materials required
- start now - courses activated immediately following registration
- no deadlines - complete each course on your own schedule
We offer online professional development courses that inspire and motivate classroom teachers. Each online course is delivered with an emphasis on real-world application through self-reflection, resulting in valuable tools and concepts that can be put to use immediately. This refreshing professional development experience is designed to rejuvenate and replenish your practice as a classroom teacher.
The fees for all professional development courses include access to all online course materials as well as a certificate of completion from Graduatecreditcourses.com. Once a course is complete, you may register for academic credit at the graduate level with Humboldt State at any time. The cost for credit is additional, and students must pay the academic credit at the graduate level and transcripting fees directly to the university. Please refer to our "Graduate Credit" page for additional information regarding the process of obtaining credit for completed coursework.
About the Online Courses
Our course delivery method is designed to ensure the success of students before completing all coursework. Courses are divided into 4 elements: Content Modules, Module Projects, Final Exam and Final Learning Statement. It is required that teachers complete each course element within the sequence created by the author of each course.
- Content Modules may consist of text, video, audio or illustration in order to deliver key concepts to students.
- As teachers work through each module, key elements of the course module content are unlocked.
- At the end of each module, teachers must receive a score of 80% or better on a module quiz.
- The next course module within the course sequence will be unlocked once this 80% score has been achieved.
Module Projects - Written Project Reflections
- If a project is required within a module, it is unlocked after the project description is viewed in the module sequence.
- When a project is unlocked, teachers may begin creating written reflections using the electronic submission form provided.
- Each written reflection can be saved as a draft and submitted for grading when completed.
- Once the course instructor accepts and grades the written reflection, that project is considered complete.
- A sample project is included within each course outline within our current course catalog (See Course Catalog).
- Teachers must "meet expectations" (B grade or better) for all for all submitted written project reflections (rubric included in each course)
- If project reflections do not meet expectations, the instructor will communicate with the student and provide an opportunity to edit and resubmit the written materials.
- Once all course modules have been completed, passing a final exam is required in order to complete the content portion of the course.
- The final exam includes a random selection of quiz questions from all content modules for the course.
- This exam is unlocked once all content modules have been successfully completed.
- Student must receive a score of 80% or better on the final exam.
- The final exam will be considered complete once a score of 80% or better has been achieved.
Written Final Learning Statement
- When a teacher has successfully completed all content modules, the final exam, and all written project reflections have been graded and accepted, the final learning statement for the course is unlocked.
- When the final learning statement is unlocked, teachers are required to begin creating the written final statement using the electronic submission form provided.
- The final statement can be saved at any time as a draft and submitted for grading when completed.
- Teachers must "meet expectations" (B grade or better) for the written final learning statement submission (rubric included in each course).
- If the submission does not meet expectations, the instructor will communicate with the student and provide an opportunity to edit and resubmit the written materials.
Upon meeting or exceeding the standards of each course element, in the designed order, the teacher will have completed the course. A final grade for the course will be issued by the instructor, and a confirmation of completion document will be electronically uploaded to your course dashboard. Additionally, a secure link for registering and paying for academic credit at the graduate level through HSU will be provided.